How to care for your Dublin Footwear
Boot Cleaning Advice from Dublin
Whether you use your boots for walking the dog, everyday riding or just for a show, taking care of them will make them more comfortable and last longer. To protect and care for your boots we recommend taking these steps:
1. Clean - wipe your boots with a damp cloth using after each use to remove dust, dirt or any liquids they may have been exposed to whilst being worn.
2. Dry - once cleaned always leave your boots to dry naturally away from direct heat
3. Condition - use a sponge and apply a conditioner, suitable for the type of leather of the boots, to soften and moisturise. After a few minutes the leather will have absorbed what it can, and you can wipe any remaining conditioner off.
4. Polish – Use a leather cream (on smooth leather boots only) and rub into the boots with a soft cloth to add condition and shine. Once the leather has absorbed the cream, wipe any remaining condition off and buff with a soft cloth.
5. Weatherproof - use a weatherproof or waterproof spray to help protect against future dirt, water stains and helps restore a water repellent finish to all footwear.
6. Fresh – Use a deodorising/antibacterial spray on the inside of your boots to keep them smelling and feeling fresh.
- Always test conditioners, polish and proofers on a small inconspicuous area before you cover the whole boot. Always follow the instructions.
- For a more specific guide to each boot, please see the care guide section on each of our boots.